Disclaimer: This post has been included as an entry into a giveaway/sweepstakes. I earn a commision from Hostgator if you use my referral link or coupon code to make a purchase. Thanks for your support.
Earlier I published a post about Hostgator hosting company. So, What's the heck this Hostgator.com? Keep reading. I tell you more about this company, their services and my experience and finally WHY you have to choose Hostgator.com for your website amongst a lot hosting companies on the Internet.
- About Hostgator
- Hostgator is the leading US and world hosting company that provide all types of hosting from October 22, 2002 founded in a dorm room at Florida Atlantic University by Brent Oxley. Headquarters in Houston and Austin (TX). Have international offices in Europe, Africa, India, Asia, Australia and South America. In 2008 Hostgator was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in America.
- Hostgator have:
- Web hosting (Shared);
- Cloud hosting;
- WordPress hosting;
- Reseller hosting;
- VPS hosting;
- Dedicated hosting;
- Application hosting (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, Wiki and phpBB hosting);
- Windows hosting;
- Website builder Gator.
Also Hostgator provides Domain registration, Transfer and Management; CodeGuard (Backup), Design, PPC and SEO services.
The powerful benefit of Hostgator is also Support - Live chat, Phone, Email, many articles and video tutorials, social media presence, even Facebook community: Website owners helping website owners. About my experience with Support help I will tell you in My experience below of this article.
- Hostgator have 12,000 servers+ under management and more than 800,000 customers. Over eight million domains hosted by Hostgator make up approximately 1% of the world's Internet traffic.
I came to Hostgator in May 2014. My site was in Blogger before. Hostgator team relocated my blog from Blogger.com to WordPress which they installed prior. It's free service. I chose Shared hosting Hatchling package.
What I like the best:
Their cPanel like a supermarket. At left is the list of sections of cPanel like Files, Domains, Software, Advanced, Special offers, Databases, Email, Softaculous Apps Installer. At right, General information about account, Usage, Statistics about Email, FTP, Databases.
- When I chose a hosting package in May 2014, Hostgator team was transfered my site from Blogger to WordPress but it was the site with domain and without WWW. what was before when my site was on Blogger. I contacted Support via their Live Chat and asked HOW TO SET UP WWW.? And they done all instead of me;
- In 2020 I needed to update php version of my site and contacted Support via Live Chat. I just asked How to update php version of my site and they did themself this;
- In 2021 I was required to verify my site for Yandex Webmaster Center that to track traffic from Yandex search engine. I needed to add their code in head of my site. I don't know how this to do. I let to know specialists from Technical Support via Live Chat about this and They did it instead of me. Great!